When: Nov 8, 2021 - Nov 12, 2021
Where: Las Vegas, NV
Paris Las Vegas
Spader and Affiliates Presentations
John Spader: The Two Proven Models for a Service Department in Any Dealership
Thursday, November 11, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
This session will answer:
- What are the two proven models for Service, how are they different, what key metrics should be measured and the “rules of the road” to follow for each?
- Why aren’t most dealers aware of these models, and what they don’t understand about them?
- What are the key differences between the service department in an RV dealership versus service in the automotive, truck, farm equipment and other industries?
- What is the myth of 100% Absorption, and how do many RV dealers get themselves into trouble pursuing it?
- Why are many RV dealers taking care of their customers (both external and internal) well, but aren’t making great profits in service?
- The two proven service department models, how to tell which one your dealership is closest to now, and how to identify which one would be best based on your situation. (Most dealers don’t know.)
- The key metrics to measure for each of the service department models. (They’re not what most dealers are currently monitoring.)
- How the choice of service department models directly impacts sales department strategy.
- Why most owners/GMs have not clearly defined which model they want to have.
Michael Rees: Excellent? Or World-Class?
Thursday, November 11, 10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
What makes the difference? Can this be translated to an RV environment, so our customers notice? The workshop will allow attendees to recognize what is needed in their dealership to become World-Class, where excellence is no longer enough.
- 5 reasons why employees stay working at a better class dealership.
- Knowing the difference – what kind of dealership do I have?
- Taking it up a notch – simple tips to stand out from the crowd.
David Spader: Conquering Unfavorable Leadership
Thursday, November 11, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Thousands of books and articles have been written about how to be a better manager or leader. In this session, we will look at 5 of the most common mistakes managers make. We will then learn at least 1 method to avoid each mistake. These techniques will help you avoid costly mistakes and build a team that delivers success and satisfaction for your dealership.
- The 5 most common mistakes managers make
- How to assess your performance in each area
- 2 Tools to help you avoid the 5 mistakes
Michael Rees: Mindset, Inventory, Processes and More
Thursday, November 11, 3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
Michael will take dealers through specific actions and processes that, if implemented, will help them retain increased margins even while others are not.
- Processes – The best way to control margins without losing business to your competition
- Mindset – “Upping your game” while working with customers, both internal and external
- Inventory – Avoid the common mistakes made in good times that will reduce margins in the future
- Additional fees or not? – Plusses and Minuses for both – what is right for you?
For more information, visit https://www.rvda.org/convention