This 2.5 day workshop will cover the following:
Here is a closer look at the program with two goals focused on improving yourself, and two goals on effectively managing and developing others.
Self-Focused Goal #1: Learn Yourself, Lead Yourself
High-performing leaders understand the true impact their leadership skills have on the performance of others, and on the business. This workshop starts by exploring your leadership motivations and capabilities so we can build on your strengths and minimize mistakes. Prior to the workshop, you will complete two online assessments so we can get to work once you arrive. They will help you answer the following questions:
- What are my leadership strengths?
- When is my preferred leadership style effective?
- When is my preferred leadership style ineffective?
- Why do I do work well with some people and others drive me nuts?
Self-Focused Goal #2: Diagnose, Adapt & Achieve
Our research indicates that only 5 to 10% of leaders have a rational, consistent and repeatable way to make effective leadership decisions. As a result, decisions within organizations are often erratic, chaotic and vary significantly by leader. Learning the PRO-daptive® Leadership process has provided participants with a tool that has allowed them to significantly improve their diagnosis and response to situations. It gives them a solution to questions like:
- Am I effectively responding to this situation?
- How do I most effectively respond to all types of situations?
- Am I over-managing (micromanaging) this situation? Or under-managing?
- Will this approach resolve the issue or might it make it worse?
Others-Focused Goal #1: Clarify, Direct & Execute (or Perform)
It is estimated that 50% of all performance issues in organizations are the result of ineffective work direction. To combat this problem, we have worked with internationally renowned experts and industry high performers to develop the JobTRACK® System for performance management. It will teach you two approaches to eliminate this problem. The first approach is something you can implement immediately. The second approach may take a bit more time, but it will take you to the next level in your performance management when you are ready. It helps you answer these questions:
- What do my employees think is their most important work priority? Is it the same as I think it is?
- How do I replicate the decision-making, prioritizing and consistency of my highest performers?
- How can I effectively communicate that some work is a lot more important than other work?
- How can I proactively and effectively communicate the what, how and why of work before problems occur?
Others-Focused Goal #2: Measure, Monitor, Improve
You may have heard the phrase, “You can only manage what you can measure.” By accomplishing the other three goals, we now have the foundation to measure (and manage) in a simple, effective and efficient manner. Here are a few of the questions we answer:
- How can I develop a coaching plan for my employees in less than five minutes? (More than 95% of participants agree that this plan is better than any they have ever had before!)
- What tools and techniques can I use to make performance reviews more productive and satisfying for both the manager and employee?
- How can I easily track the performance of an individual, department or entire organization throughout the year?
When you have completed this program, you will receive monthly skill update reminders to help you implement your new knowledge and capabilities. We will also provide you with several electronic tools you can take back for implementation in your business.
Day one and two: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Day three: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. approximately
Please arrive 30 minutes early the first day for registration.