This fast-paced, highly-interactive workshop is delivered as 6 to 10 modules over 3 to 6 months. Most modules are delivered as highly-interactive live-online sessions via Zoom, with self-paced work before and between some sessions.
Here is a closer look at the program.
Please watch for your confirmation email and refer to the Live-Online learning path for more details on the pre-work.
Sales Manager Development Program Overview
Final format, sequence and dates to be determined. Some topics may be combined into a single module.
- Program Introduction | online video with John Spader
- Working with People for Success and Fulfillment | live-online; Identify, manage and work more effectively with people of all four styles.
- One Dollar Empowerment® | self-paced learning or live-online; Learn a true business scorecard that owners, managers, and employees can all understand, including seeing the net profit levels needed for business survival.
- Sales Department Profit Planning | live-online; Understanding, managing, and driving the financial performance of the Sales Department.
- Sales Department Scorecards and Projections | live-online; How to create effective Sales Department scorecards with the key metrics to monitor and manage daily, weekly and monthly, as well as accurately forecasting year-end results and adjusting as the year progresses.
- Pay Plan Principles | live-online; The key questions to ask to create effective pay plans that are win-win by properly rewarding employees and driving dealership profitability.
- Driving Whole Goods Sales | live-online; Sales processes for business-to-business and business-to-consumer, how pay plans need to integrate with sales philosophy and processes, how to mix-and-match for maximum margins to appear competitive but maintain good margins (pricing strategies).
- Whole Goods Inventory Management | live-online; Understanding the principles behind the three ways to manage inventory, identifying which works best for your dealership, and integrating the inventory plan with your sales plan.
- Leadership Foundations | live-online; Conquering the five common, costly mistakes that leaders, managers and others make, and how these can be prevented.
- Leadership Skills Implementation | live-online; Implementing the PRO-daptive® model for diagnosing and managing situations using the appropriate, proven leadership approach.
- Business Plateaus and Role Clarity | live-online; How to structure the organization and roles in your department for high performance, as well as being ready for growth and/or declines in market conditions.
Each session: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Central)
Be sure to download Zoom and participate in a test session in advance. Please login at least 5 minutes before the beginning of each session.