This fast-paced, highly-interactive workshop is delivered as 8 to 9 modules over either 4 to 6 months or 12 to 18 months. Most modules are delivered as highly-interactive live-online sessions via Zoom, with self-paced work before and between some sessions.
Here is a closer look at the program.
Please watch for your confirmation email and refer to the Live-Online learning path for more details on the pre-work.
Service Department Manager Development Program Overview
Final format, sequence and dates to be determined. Some topics may be combined into a single module.
Program Introduction | online video with John Spader
- One Dollar Empowerment® | self-paced learning, completion required before Session 2; Learn a true business scorecard that owners, managers, and employees can all understand, including seeing the net profit levels needed for business survival.
- Service Department Profit Planning | live-online; Understanding, managing, and driving the financial performance of the Service Department.
- Business Plateaus and Role Clarity | live-online; How to structure the organization and roles in your department for high performance, as well as being ready for growth and/or declines in market conditions.
- Service Department Efficiency Part 1 | live-online; Proven systems and processes for creating efficiency and measuring, monitoring and positively influencing one of the most important service department scores impacting the bottom line.
- Service Department Efficiency Part 2 | live-online; Continuation of Service Department Efficiency with more detailed discussions around scheduling and flat rate billing techniques; applies to the longer-format program only (combined into Session 4 for the shorter format).
- Service Department Scorecards and Projections / Pay Plan Principles | live-online; How to create effective Service Department scorecards with the key metrics to monitor and manage daily, weekly and monthly, as well as accurately forecasting year-end results and adjusting as the year progresses. The key questions to ask to create effective pay plans that are win-win by properly rewarding employees and driving dealership profitability.
- Working with People for Success and Fulfillment | self-paced learning, completion required before Session 8; Identify, manage and work more effectively with people of all four styles.
- Leadership Foundations | live-online; Conquering the five common, costly mistakes that leaders, managers and others make, and how these can be prevented.
- Leadership Skills Implementation | live-online; Implementing the PRO-daptive® model for diagnosing and managing situations using the appropriate, proven leadership approach.
Each session: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Central)
Be sure to download Zoom and participate in a test session in advance. Please login at least 5 minutes before the beginning of each session.