This four-day workshop includes the following:
The Road Map
Leadership is about taking business (or department) performance to new levels of achievement. This program focuses on the critical tools you need to navigate the increasing complexity (or challenges) of the business environment. Our Total Business Performance™ model will be your compass to ensure you are headed in the right direction. Once you have a road map and understand the lay of the land, you can then build and implement the plan to take you to new levels of success and satisfaction.
- Learn how to use the Total Business Performance™ model to handle all types of business issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Explore the four types of organizational solutions to solve any issue.
- Understand how growth-oriented organizations and stability-oriented organizations should be managed differently.
- Strengthen your organizational performance with our recommended development sequence.
Success starts with you, the leader. The most effective leaders relentlessly pursue better ways to lead themselves, their people and their organizations. We will utilize two proprietary assessments not found in our other workshops to dig deeper into your own leadership motivations and capabilities. It has been said that, “You can’t solve problems with the same type of thinking that created them.” These tools will help you refine your thoughts about how to take your leadership and your organization to the next level.
- Assess your leadership motivations and capabilities through online assessments (completed prior to the workshop).
- Learn how to use the PRO-daptive® Total Leadership process to improve your effectiveness.
- Understand when and how to use the five different types of leadership approaches.
- Discover why almost 70% of managers are wasting time every day, and how to change that.
Past performance does not ensure future success. Thinking strategically about the future should be energizing and exciting. It should also be structured, comprehensive and rooted in reality. Our proprietary 3D Strategy Development process ensures your strategy has the best chance of succeeding. Recent research indicates that more than 70% of all strategies fail. We have identified the most common reasons why, and we will help you avoid them.
- Apply the 3D Strategy Development process for your organization.
- Successfully implement strategy using our Strategic Readiness Assessment as a guide.
- Use our strategic planning toolkit for each phase of the process.
- Learn the most common reasons strategies fail, and acquire the tools to overcome them.
The future success of your organization depends on the capabilities and motivations of your people. They can be your biggest asset, or they can be a liability. We’ll provide you with comprehensive tools and processes to ensure you hire and develop the right people in the right positions, so your employees can deliver results today and in the future.
- Enhance performance and satisfaction using the five steps of a complete people management system.
- Provide clear work direction using the JobTRACK® performance management process.
- Quickly create results-oriented job descriptions.
- Proactively plan for the future by ensuring you have the right people in the right jobs, now and in the future.
Almost every leader says culture is critical! However, defining, creating, and managing culture are some of the most misunderstood and challenging aspects of leadership. We will introduce you to the Managing By Values® process, which is a proven solution for simplifying this critical aspect of organizational performance. And it’s not just theory. We will provide you with simple, practical and powerful tools to strengthen your organization’s culture.
- Clarify, Communicate and Align your people and culture.
- Use tools to assess and monitor the strength of your culture.
- Discover why profitability has to be a part of your culture.
- Learn the key tools for implementing each phase of the Managing By Values® process.
- Recognize the three components of a performance-based culture and how to use them in your organization.
- Implement your new knowledge through the Building Winning Cultures simulation.
Is your organization structured so it could seamlessly move from one level of growth to the next, while still keeping your finger on its pulse? Are the levels of management appropriate for your organization’s current level, and how would the roles change if the organization grows or retreats significantly with market changes? Make sure your organization’s structure and roles are defined to make the most of your business at every stage of growth.
- Seamlessly move from one level of growth to the next while keeping your finger on the pulse of your business and the marketplace.
- Guide your strategic decisions with the five guiding principles of effective business plateaus management.
- Understand Spader’s Business Plateaus model, including plateau variables with guidelines to ensure financial performance.
- Learn how to structure the four functional segments of management for optimal efficiency.
- Discover how implementation and organizational structure vary at each business plateau.
- Recognize how the owner or general manager’s role changes at each business plateau.
Days 1-3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Day 4: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (optional work session from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Please arrive 30 minutes early the first morning for registration.